During these years, he started the eye departments in:
• Mac Robert Hospital, Dhariwal, Punjab
• Memorial Hospital, Fathegarh, U.P.
• Delek Hospital, Dharamsala, HP
• Christian Hospital, Ummedpur , U.P.
• TDL Hospital, Bylakuppe, Karnataka
He did his first IOL implantation surgery in 1984: after watching Dr. Daljit Singh in Amritsar. From 1985 to 2000 he worked as Chief of G.M Eye Hospital, Mettupalayam, a 120 bedded Eye Hospital, by the end of which he performed over 40,000 eye surgeries. He in fact perfected SICS to such an extent that with the cataract-IOL Implantation surgery he corrects pre-existing astigmatism (curvature of cornea being different in different meridians).
He moved to Trivandrum in the year 2000, where he and his wife Dr. Sara Kuruvilla launched Aradhana Eye Care.
He has visited and observed eye work and surgeries in :
• Medical college Eye Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
• Dr Gimbels Eye Centre, Calgary, Canada
• Johns Hopkins Hospital, USA
• Eye Hospital, Berlin, Germany
He is the recipient of :
• Outstanding Teacher Award, from International Society of Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgeons.
• Gullisson Award from Canada for excellence in Ophthalmic work.
• Best Citizen of India award from Delhi for outstanding contribution to Indian Society.
• “Service above Self” award from Rotary Club.
• Award for excellence in Eye work from Sarada Educational Society, Trivandrum.
• He is a past President of Trivandrum Ophthalmic Club.
Dr. Philip is renowned for his skills, and is frequently invited to scientific conferences to present his techniques.
1. PREMIUM CATARACT SURGERY, trifocal intraocular lenses, phakic IOL, lens replacement surgery, complex cataract surgeries including secondary IOL.
2. Squint surgery
3. Oculoplasty surgery
4. Glaucoma filtering surgeries
5. Ocular surface surgeries